22 Dec VP of Business Development
Website Optimi Health
Optimi Health believes that personal identity is a fluid and evolving aspect of all our lives. This includes physical, spiritual and mental well-being. Our goal is to bring-to-market an evolving product family of functional mushroom-based formulations and psychedelics to help transform and “optimize” human development.
From supplements and nutraceuticals to different form factors of psilocybin, Optimi is developing a vertically integrated, GMP certified, industrial scale operation initially targeting the rapidly growing functional mushroom sector. As the Company launches commercial operations, in-house expert research and its world-class advisory team aims to nurture concepts into products, and a regional business into a global leader.
Optimi is looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter and polished Executive to start the company’s BD and Partnership function in support of the company’s various lines of business.
As a member of the Senior Leadership team, the primary objective of this position is to create and lead the sales and partnership approach of the Company. The VP will take a leading role in collaborating with all divisions to understand, strategize, and to procure projects and drive new business growth and increased market share. Externally, you will be the lead contact for seeking and establishing key, strategic partnerships As a senior leader you will live and breathe the organization values and incorporate them into how you lead and deliver new business to Optimi. This is an essential role that will oversee all account and partnership development and will drive sales forward.
- This role will be responsible and accountable to drive sales and partnerships for:
- Psilocybin products and form factors
- Lab services offered by our lab
- Development agreements to create new products
- Functional mushroom sales to various channels where there are markets for our strains
- Collaborate with Nutraceuticals and help drive large, National level deals
- Create and implement a corporate business development and partnership strategy.
- Build and maintain multi-level client relationships.
- Monitor and manage the entire life-cycle of customers from qualifying sales leads, preparing value-based sales proposals/presentations and onboarding new clients.
- Lead the formulation of the company’s future sales direction and support tactical initiatives.
- Lead the near- and long-term business development goals, guiding your team to meet and exceed targets.
- Assess client needs and promote appropriate solutions to meet annual financial targets.
- Identify, validate and present new business opportunities, engaging appropriate internal resources to execute and deliver on those opportunities.
The Fine Print:
- You analyze market conditions and the company’s existing business (including its sales, expertise, potential, long term and strategic plans for sustained growth).
- You proactively engage with the business and lead strategic business development initiatives.
- You negotiate contracts with support from operations, and accounting.
- You lead potential transactions, prepare and present sales proposals, negotiating and closing high-value contracts.
- You will identify client needs and propose insightful solutions Optimi can offer based on detailed knowledge of company’s capabilities.
- You will oversee and execute programs (especially with Psilocybin clients) that ensure high quality of customer satisfaction.
- You will research the competition and continually generate potential leads.
- You will help design a « data strategy » for data we will collect from our Lab and shape, with the CEO and CSO, thinking on what we do with it.
- You proactively provide insight and guidance to manage overhead expenditures.
- You will work with sales and operations teams to assess resource availability.
- You will lead pricing strategy development and pricing reviews, and manage proposal budgets.
- You continually enhance reporting and dashboards to communicate business development results to the CEO and Directors.
- You will find ways to better serve existing markets and create marketing campaigns.
- You will be responsible for ensuring security, integrity, and confidentiality of data.
Qualifications: What you bring to the organization:
- Minimum 10 years in business development with demonstrated success in account management in a construction environment and 15+ years in Senior Leadership positions
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or other related field
- Strong leadership, coaching and communication skills
- Ability to develop and grow strong relationships; influencing at multiple business levels
- Autonomous, results driven, with the ability to prioritize
- Strong knowledge of psilocybin, it’s uses and potential will be a bonus
- Works well with teams – both as a leader or team member
- Able to work at pace, supporting a fast moving business with dynamic opportunities
- Commitment to continuous improvement and delivery excellence
- Strong personality; passionate about and focused on doing the right things to support business success
- Sees activities through to delivery of outcomes
Our “Must Haves” that make you great:
- You live the brand and corporate values
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-development
- Passionate and energetic, you thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Analytical, detail oriented, hands on, and a team player
- Skilled at managing multiple projects, opportunity analysis and decision-making
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- You execute like an owner
- Communicates with honesty and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same
What we offer:
- You will help us build on our great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled team and lots of opportunities for growth and development
- Paid Time Off: Everyone need a break once in a while!
- Office Space: We have an amazing office space in lovely Yaletown
- A passionate team
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that w equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.