15 Feb VP Finance
Website Don Mann Excavating
Highbridge Human Capital is excited to be working with our client Don Mann Excavating in their search for an exceptionally talented business leader with entrepreneurial spirit to be their Vice President of Finance and elevate the financial function within the company.
Don Mann Excavating began in 1947, with a single tractor and the hard-working dedication of one man, Don Mann. Today, Don Mann Excavating has celebrated over 70 years of success and safety and has grown into a large team of employees who respond to a broad scope of municipal, residential, and commercial projects.
As a strategic member of the leadership team, the primary objective of the VP, Finance is to drive and support the financial results of the Company from both an operational as well as strategic perspective. In this role, you will be tasked with ensuring accuracy but also improving efficiency of the finance and accounting function, in addition to identifying and overseeing to providing key information to help to make informed strategic decisions.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF VP, FINANCE:
This role is responsible for developing and managing the companies forward-looking financial and investment strategy by leading the financial planning, debt financing and budget management functions.
The Fine Print
- Oversee all financial related matters where depth and scope are relative to the size of the company.
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process.
- Direct financing strategies, analysis, forecasting and budget management.
- Advise, monitor, and direct the implementation of strategic business plans from a financial standpoint.
- Provide guidance formulating capital financing solutions to support the company’s strategic growth needs.
- Lead the reporting and analytics capabilities to enable strategic decision making and drive strong financial performance.
- Establish, track and report on benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance.
- Maintain banking relationships and arrange for debt and equity financing.
- Strategizes with the Senior Leadership team to formulate financial strategies, loans, leases, and financing.
- Ensures the timely resolution of outstanding debits and payments.
- Responsible for ensuring office financial objectives are met by preparing annual budget for the office, planning the expenditures, analyzing variances and carrying out necessary corrections that may arise.
- Maintain relationships with insurance providers and ensuring compliance.
- Manage all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, provincial, local, payroll, property, and other applicable taxes.
- Maintain cooperative relationship with venture capital partners and board of directors.
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations such as receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Ensure the accounting of revenues and expenses/assets and liabilities are performed in a materially accurate, efficient, and timely manner in conformity with applicable accounting standards.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Coordinate and/or prepare tax schedules, returns and information.
OUR “MUST HAVES”:
- Qualified Accounting Professional with a CBV or CFA designation, an asset.
- 5+ years of experience of leading finance and accounting teams.
- In depth knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Excellent written communication style, responsible for drafting materials submitted to the internal and external audiences.
- Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Previous experience with accounting consolidation, an asset.
- Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, friendly, professional, and proactive manner.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Organized and ability to work independently on assigned projects.
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word and accounting software.
- You possess self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement, and are goal oriented.
- You are a strategic professional, who is a self starter.
- You can work well independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- You live the company values.
- You have a positive attitude, and you are team oriented.
- You are a true collaborator.
- You communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- While you consider yourself more of a technical expert than people leader, in previous roles, you have been known to coach and develop your peers – always finding the time to help more junior resources solve complex problems.
- You are highly detail oriented and organized.
- You have a proven work ethic.
- You are empathetic and approachable.
- Great culture, high growth, collaborative environment.
- Compensation for this role includes competitive base salary based on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, etc.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.