01 Apr Title and Rights Technical Coordinator
Website Adams Lake Band
NATURE & SCOPE OF WORK:
Reporting to and under the general direction of the Natural Resource Director, the Title & Rights
Technical Coordinator is responsible for providing natural resource technical advice regarding Title &
Rights, as it pertains to the Adams Lake Indian Band.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in accordance with Adams Lake Indian Band policies and procedures.
- Assists in the maintenance of records of all information regarding the Adams Lake Indian Band
Title & Rights, Governance; Culture, Referrals and any Special Projects.
- Conducts research and provides information on all Title & Rights natural resource issues.
- Researches, identifies and initiates the development of strategies and resources required to improve the political, cultural and economic standing of the Adams Lake Indian Band and its affiliated entities. This includes proposal writing as required.
- Develops information documents/packages for the Natural Resource Director and Adams Lake
Indian Band staff on Title & Rights issues.
- Assists in the protection, preservation, research and articulation of Adams Lake Indian Band interests regarding natural resource and environmental issues.
- Assists the Adams Lake Indian Band in the existing Referral process with a focus on the Natural
- Fields inquiries and provides information in a professional manner and within layman terms as required;
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Post-secondary education in Natural Resources
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience dealing with First Nation’s Title & Rights
- Knowledge of and experience in a First Nations environment
- Possess strong computer skills using MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Good presentation skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills to achieve desired results
- Diplomacy, tact and confidentiality in dealing with a variety of people and information
- Reliability and dependability
- Self motivated and an ability to work independently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good judgement and problem-solving skills must be exercise at all times
- Continuous learning
- Office – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Google Earth, Community Knowledge
Keeper and other related software as needed.
- Valid B.C. Class 5 Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation with valid insurance