06 Mar Site Controller
Website Castle Rock Farms
Family founded in 2016, Castle Rock Farms Inc. operates a state-of-the-art, purpose built 86,000 square foot cannabis cultivation facility in Princeton, BC and has positioned itself as a quality and efficiency leader in the cultivation and manufacturing of premium cannabis products for domestic sale and export to international medical markets.
Castle Rock Farm’s Board and operations leadership are proven executives, bringing a wealth of expertise in Corporate Finance, Branding and Operations to this newly established business and industry. The founders and dedicated cultivation leadership, represent a team of sophisticated cannabis enthusiasts, deeply committed to unravelling the magic and untapped potential that this plant has to transform society.
Castle Rock Farms is currently seeking a focused and driven business professional with a passion for continuous improvement to be their Site Controller. The Site Controller will join the finance team and will work out of the office in Princeton, BC. The role of the Site Controller will be to maintain and enhance the financial function within the company by establishing more robust financial reporting systems to support the company’s soon to be commissioned expansion, managing budgets, overseeing accounting functions, conducting forecast analysis, and providing sound analytical advice and guidance to the Corporate Controller and CFO.
Reporting to the CFO, the Site Controller is a valued member of the leadership team and is responsible for reporting and analytics on business operations to guide strategic decision making to drive strong financial performance. The ideal candidate has an appetite for growth and aspires to work in the fast-paced and growing cannabis industry. The successful candidate will initially be responsible for supporting month-end close processes, preparation, and review of schedules and reconciliations (with a specific emphasis on Raw Materials, WIP and Finish Goods inventory), ERP system implementation and implementation and monitoring of key controls, preparing and developing financial reports and assisting with budgeting and forecasting initiatives.
A Day in the Life of the Site Controller:
- Monthly preparation of accounting month-end cycle reports, including comprehensive reporting of raw materials, WIP and finished goods inventory
- Preparation of monthly inventory reports to Health Canada (CTLS) and CRA’s excise department (B300 filing)
- Preparation on monthly journal entries and reconciliations
- Collaborate with functional leaders to aid in financial modeling, analysis and development of budgets including operational expenses, OH spend, KPI’s, product costing, cost savings, special projects, and capital planning
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities within the department and across the company, making recommendations and implementing process changes
- Investigate significant trends/variances for cost reduction regarding material, labor, overhead, and other types of costs related to manufacturing products
- Collaborate with Controller, CFO and COO to gather key data and compile rolling budgets and managerial reports for senior management
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Technology, Operations, and Commercial departments on design and testing of new ERP modules
- Assist with the implementation of new inventory reporting processes and ensure the processes are being adhered to by internal teams
- Analyze the company’s financial results to ensure sustainable profitability, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management
- Responsible to ensure accuracy of financial information presentation in a multi-entity environment
- Reconciliation of inter-company transactions
- Assist in quarterly and annual financial statement preparation and audit
- Participate in other monthly reporting and ad-hoc projects
- Overseeing the day-to-day bookkeeping across all entities
Qualifications – What you bring to the Company:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a CPA, or equivalent, accounting designation
- 7+ years of experience in full cycle accounting
- Strong preference for CPG manufacturing experience in a high-growth environment
- Proficiency in Excel modelling and expert-level analytical skills. Sound understanding of metrics
- Proficiency in Quickbooks and advanced level knowledge of Excel
- Experience with ERP system implementations and internal change management process strongly preferred
- You anticipate and plan for changes to current organizational policies, practices, systems, etc. needed to move in new strategic directions and to ensure long-term success
- Motivated to develop process enhancements in the accounting and finance department
- Excellent organization skills and time management capabilities. You have a strong ability to multitask, rather than being a pure analyst
- You demonstrate a high level of integrity, strong interpersonal skills, the ability to build consensus, and put a strong emphasis on responsibility and accountability
- You have strong decision-making skills and the determination to see projects through to the end. Able to deliver near-term wins while building towards a larger strategic vision
- Strong communication skills with ability to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders
“MUST HAVES” That Make You Great:
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results
- Must possess a high level of integrity and personal accountability
- You live the brand and corporate values
- You are a collaborator and can build strong professional relationships
- You are flexible and can manage quick changes in a fast-paced environment
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-development
- Go getter with the drive and willingness to grow
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience and an RRSP matching program.
- The employee is eligible for performance-based salary increases & bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial, and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.