06 Mar Senior Project Administrator
Website Nahanni Construction
Since 1986, Nahanni Construction has been working in Northern of Canada. With over three decades of experience, the Nahanni team have become experts in dealing with arctic construction projects above the 60th parallel. Nahanni operations are efficiently sized with the ability to adapt to different jobs, which positions Nahanni Construction as one of the North’s most versatile and reliable contractors. With offices in Yellowknife, NWT and Rankin Inlet, NU, Nahanni partners with clients to overcome tough northern conditions, in remote locations, to complete arctic construction projects on time, on budget, and with great safety records.
Nahanni Construction Ltd. is hiring a Senior Project Administrator to work on a Monday to Friday schedule. The Senior Project Administrator will be responsible for the development of site-specific administration procedures, assists with hiring of site administrators, provides training to site administrators, and oversees site administration practices.
Role and Responsibilities
· Determines site administration requirements for new projects, in conjunction with the Project Manager, Superintendent and Project Controls Manager.
· Assists Human Resources with the hiring of site administrators.
· Provides training to site administrators on company policies, procedures, programs, and software required to perform duties.
· Oversees site administrators to ensure efficient and timely completion of job requirements.
· Develops or assist site administrators with additional administration requirements or procedures that may arise as the project progresses.
· Provides support to site administrators when required.
· Performs monthly upload of PO trackers for Nahanni’s accounting team.
· Travels to sites periodically to review procedures and duties and meet with onsite personnel.
· Maintains a journal of daily events and activities.
· Develops and maintains templates for project administrators on all projects and distributes to ensure standardization of all project’s administrative functions.
· Other duties as discussed with management.
What you bring to the Organization/Requirements
· Previous experience as a senior administrative assistant or office manager.
· Above average Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook), with the ability to learn new software applications.
· Excellent interpersonal communication and time management skills, with attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects at any given time.
· Goal orientated and self-motivated team player with ability to work with minimal supervision and all levels within the organization.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Must meet site entry requirements and clearances.
· Ability to travel to Yellowknife on a monthly basis.
Our “must haves” that make you great
· You live the brand and corporate values.
· You are able to build and maintain strong professional relationships.
· Must possess a high level of integrity and personal accountability.
· You are flexible and succeed in an ever-changing environment.
· Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-development.
· Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
· Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
· Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates space for others to do the same.
· Go-getter with the drive and willingness to grow.
· A comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability.
· A competitive wage based on experience.