25 Jul Sales Account Manager
Highbridge Human Capital is delighted to be working with Kidcentral in their search for an experienced Sales Account Manager. Founded in 2001, Kidcentral Supply has become a leading source in wholesale and distribution, providing baby and maternity products to the retailers of Canada. Their goal is to have Kidcentral products in every growing Canadian home by focusing on unique and innovative products that babies love and parents’ trust.
As Kidcentral continues to grow, the Sales Account Manager will play a vital role in promoting Kidcentral products and in building strong relationships with National Retailers.
Reporting to directly to the VP of Sales, you will assume responsibility for sales activities in pursuit of the company’s revenue and growth targets, driving results and growth with the Canadian retail market. The successful candidate will be comfortable presenting to and negotiating with senior retail decision makers and will be able to draw on their experience, and market awareness with the confidence to work autonomously.
This opportunity offers the right candidate strong company growth in a successful, well-funded organization with a committed senior management team.
What you will do: A Day in the life of the Sales Account Manager:
- Work in partnership with the VP of Sales to determine sales opportunities and client priorities.
- You will build and expand Kidcentral’s business with new customers, retail partners and markets.
- You will actively participate as a member of the sales team and contribute to the overall corporate goals
- With your strong commercial skills, you will develop productive relationships with retail partners to develop solutions and deliver.
- You maintain, improve and create senior level relationships with existing retail partners with a view to drive additional revenues
- You will take a leadership role in major accounts and grow new and ongoing relationships
- You will be comfortable negotiating with customers at Executive level as well as capable of handling smaller deals on a transactional basis.
- Remain abreast of the industry, competitors and market
- You will proactively align (demands and expectations) the internal organization and all relevant stakeholders in order to achieve maximum customer satisfaction
- You will maintain records of customer communications and contact information in the companies CRM
- You will manage customer relationships by communicating with clients to understand, anticipate and meet their needs.
- Support your clients with a quick response and attention to detail.
- Always strive to over deliver what’s been promised.
The experience you bring to this role:
- 3+ years of progressive sales experience within the grocery and/or pharmacy sector, an asset
- Degree or Diploma in related field
- French speaking a plus
- Experience with direct sales for independent and retail clients
- Comfortable engaging with family retail community
- Experience with trade diversification and export
- This candidate must see the art of the possible
- Ideal candidate will expand knowledge and growth by education
- Proven track record of strategically building, leading, and driving successful sales
- Understands, participates and is well networked within the Canadian retail sector
- Strong team orientation well suited to constructive dialogue, finding solutions to achieve business goals, and ensuring strong, crisp execution
Our “must haves”: What makes you great.
- Self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills who can family oriented products and manage business priorities
- Strong analytical skills to problem solve, assess solution sales opportunities, recommend and implement tactical sales strategies
- Track record of exceeding sales targets and contributing to the overall team performance
- Aptitude for computer related technology.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Problem solving skills are essential.
- Must be able to prioritize in a constantly changing environment.
- Customer Focused – Finely tuned customer service skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- A person of high integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honors their commitments
- Desire to excel and succeed
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful
- An action oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible and innovative approach to operational management
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement (goal –oriented)
- Willingness to get involved and be known as a pillar in the community
- Self-motivated, passionate, empathetic, and approachable
- A fun and motivating work environment with skilled people
- A young, playful and passionate team that work well together
- All the training you will need to give customers, vendors and other stakeholders the best Kidcentral experience
- Comprehensive total rewards package
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that w equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective