14 Mar Safety Coordinator
Website Splatsin Development Corp
Established in 2007, Splatsin Development Corporation manages the economic interests of the Splatsinac (Splatsin People) throughout the Secwepemcúl̓ecw (Shuswap). Profits generated through natural resource construction, forestry, environmental, archaeological, culture and heritage and consumer services are invested into the Splatsin Community for the collective benefit of all members. The result is fiscally and environmentally responsible managed land, resources, and culture for the benefit of everyone.
Splatsin Development Corporation is seeking an experience Safety Coordinator for a full-time position in Enderby, BC. If you would like to be part of a corporation on the mission to generate and manage wealth through active participation in the economy while protecting and preserving the environment for future generations, we want to hear from you.
A Day in the Life of the Executive Assistant:
The Safety Coordinator for will work with Yucwmenlúcwu (Caretakers of the Land) managerial team and crews. This team consists of professional Environmental, Cultural Heritage, Forestry and Splatsin construction services management and staff. The Yucwmenlúcwu team provides technical support to the Splatsin community and professional forestry, environmental, and archaeology services to our many clients and partners. The approach is focused on the protection and conservation of resources and their connection to Secwepemc people, culture, and traditions.
- This position will oversee the Yucwmenlucwu Health and Safety program, conduct site safety audits and reports.
- This position will involve liaising with the Splatsin elders’ group to ensure cultural values are presented to the Splatsin Development Corporation and Yucwmenlucwu
Role and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all aspects of the Company health and safety program.
- Update and manage the in-reach and all other company safety communication devices
- Ensure Company safety policies and procedures are up to date.
- Ensure Company and staff safety registrations and certifications are current.
- Organize monthly safety meetings and develop agendas.
- Develop, track, and implement actions items from safety meetings.
- Organize and file Company related safety documentation.
- Attend Splatsin Elders group and provide an update to Yucwmenlúcwu for their management meetings
- Other duties as required
- Initiate WCB forms in completion if required.
- Check status on fire extinguishers in SDC buildings and vehicles
- Stock Medical Supply Cabinets, field kits for medical supplies, and maintain inventory
- Intervene in the case of unsafe activities or operations being carried out by employees within the workplace
- Coordinate all Company safety registrations and forms.
- Provide guidance and support on safety policies and procedures.
- Track compliance with Company safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular audits of safety plans and Company work.
- Train Yucwmenlúcwu administrative assistant to provide the office orientation and safety orientation as per the new employee checklist.
- Audit the Yucwmenlúcwu new employee office and safety orientation for compliance and completion
- Attend work sites as required. Audit for safety compliance. Train on site as required, in order to keep workflow, and maintain the standards expected of the Company.
- Develop the organization’s safety policies and procedures
- Research regulatory requirements and best safety practices
- Oversee and direct the entire process of accident investigation/analysis
- Responsible for keeping records of safety-related incidents and recommendation/administration of corrective measures
- Work hand-in-hand with company management to identify safety-related issues and also supervise adherence to safety rules
- Organize safety training for staff of the organization on a regular basis
- Perform evaluation of safety policies, methods, and programs.
What you bring to the Organization/Requirements
- Ability to work in a fast paced, detailed oriented environment
- Excellent organization, tracking, and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and PDF editors
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with a diverse team
- Ability to work outside normal working hours as needed
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- A high level of professionalism is required for this post, and confidentiality is of utmost importance
- Advanced ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task, and manage time
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong desire to advance one’s career and skill set
- Solid team player and interpersonal skills
Our “must haves” that make you great
- You live the brand and corporate values.
- You have a strong connection with People and are able to build strong relationships
- Must possess a high level of integrity and personal accountability.
- You are flexible and succeed in an ever-changing reality.
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-development.
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Go getter with the drive and willingness to grow.
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability.
- A competitive salary based on experience.
LOCATION: Enderby, BC
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that w equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.#LP