25 May Project Manager
Website Clarity AP
Highbridge Human Capital is delighted to represent our amazing client, Clarity Architectural Products, a full service provider of architectural glass fabrication solutions in North America. Clarity offers superior, design-driven solutions, production management, logistics planning, and quality control for customers in high end retail, residential and commercial tower buildings. Clarity Architectural Products is laser-focused on the long-term relationships with clients and partners, and delivering service at the absolute highest level.
Clarity is currently looking for a dynamic Project Manager to elevate and oversee Construction Projects for the company. This role encompasses the varied facets of the modern Project Manager and the ideal candidate will be a leader, estimator, negotiator, coordinator and mentor.
If you have a passion for a high growth environment, creating impact, and are a thoughtful leader, we want to talk to you!
The Opportunity: A Day in the life of the Project Manager
As a member of the Project Management team, the primary objective of the Project Manager is to manage the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. The Project Manager is responsible for collaborating with management on strategic operational decisions and helping lead staff to implement this strategy. As a member of the organization, you will live and breathe the organization values and incorporate them into how you work. This is a pivotal role that will oversee project progress, from conception to completion and will do it in a timely and cost-effective manner. As Project Manager you will be responsible for budgeting, organization, implementation, and scheduling of the assigned project(s).
The Fine Print
As the Project Manager you will:
- Ability to execute take-offs from drawing sets in order to determine quantities of material required for projects
- Manage project schedule and communications with both our supply and customer base
- Review all proposal drawings, structural calculations, and other information prepared by the Engineering Department and outside consultants for compliance with the bidding documents.
- Evaluate the project construction schedule for visual mock-ups, performance testing, material delivery and field installation.
- Prepare a complete quantity survey for all materials to be included in the scope of the bid.
- Assembles all necessary bid submittal documentation, inclusive of creation of formal proposal and bid package.
- Track and Update Status of active bid submissions, follow up on Proposals submitted, and perform revisions as requested.
- Communicate with clients throughout the bid process to ensure competitiveness and maintain client relationships.
- Ensure organization and completeness of all bid documents and correspondence throughout the bid process
- Prepare material summaries and sketches as required for the solicitation of quotations as required for the preparation of the cost estimate.
- Estimate all field and shop labor hours required for the scope of the works.
- Obtain labor rates, tax rates, transportation expenses, duty rates and any other cost information as required for the preparation of the cost estimate.
- Obtain subcontractor quotations as necessary to complete the scope of work.
- Update subcontractors with plans, specifications and addenda.
- Review vendor quotations for accuracy, completeness and conformity with the specifications.
- Update vendors when addendums are issued and handle questions and clarifications from vendors.
- Prepare a complete and accurate cost estimate for the project.
- Provide key project analysis to shape management decisions and inform leadership on the strategic direction of the organization.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion and occupancy
- Manages project’s budget and coordinate any changes with team members.
- Forecast budget and track expenditures.
- Liaise with project team, clients, consultants and sub trades to achieve a successful end- result.
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and RCOs
- Managing all change orders relating to project construction
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Foster and enhance owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor relations
- Train and mentor project coordinators and assistant project managers
Qualifications: What you bring to the organization:
- Diploma in Project or Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Knowledge of glass fabrication systems
- Results driven with a passion to succeed
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software
- Ability to train/mentor/supervise others in order to enhance performance
- Proven hands-on, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent leadership and entrepreneurial skills
- Analytical, detail oriented, hands on, and a team player
- Customer service orientation with the ability to deal with customers under stressful situations
- Skilled at managing multiple projects, opportunity analysis and decision-making
- Strong organizational & time management skills
Our “Must Haves” that make you great”
- You live the brand and corporate values.
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-development.
- Ability to work independently and being self-driven to achieve results
- Passionate, energetic, and love a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and personal accountability.
- Go getter with the drive and willingness to grow.
- Organized and ability to work independently on assigned projects.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to multitask and prioritize work.
What we will provide:
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, performance-based bonus available.
- We offer a competitive salary based on skills and experience.
- The employee is eligible for performance-based salary increases & bonuses.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective. #HP