27 Feb Project Manager
Website Splatsin Development Corporation
Established in 2007, Splatsin Development Corporation manages the economic interests of the Splatsin First Nations throughout the Secwepemcúl̓ecw (Shuswap). Profits generated through natural resource construction, forestry, environmental, archaeological, culture and heritage and consumer services are invested into the Splatsin Community for the collective benefit of all members. The result is fiscally and environmentally responsible managed land, resources, and culture for the benefit of everyone.
Yucwmenlúcwu (Caretakers of the Land) LLP is a full-service Heritage, Environmental, and Forestry resource management company based in Enderby, BC. We are a subsidiary of the Splatsin Development Corporation, an economic development corporation wholly owned by Splatsin. Our foundation of approach is “Caretakers of the Land.”
At Yucwmenlúcwu, we believe in work-life balance, growing rewarding careers, and the highest standards of practice. We take pride in what we do, and we are looking for passionate, progressive team players to join our dynamic and growing team.
Our Construction Services department is seeking a Project Manager for a full-time position in Enderby, BC.
Reporting to and working alongside the CEO, the Project Manager will provide senior oversight of Yucwmenlúcwu’s project management team and any projects relating to Splatsin Construction Services or Yucwmenlúcwu. The successful candidate will provide technical oversight, client communication, bid review, logistics and coordination of team resources, personnel and project management. They will be primarily office based, with some field-based activities as required.
- Guide the implementation of strategic initiatives of the CEO and Board of Directors and ensure Company goals and targets related to project management are met.
- Develop project work plans, proposals, guidance documents and budgets for assigned work, including the assignment of projects and tasks to project management team
- Reporting on all areas of Splatsin Construction Projects or Yucwmenlucwu projects to the CEO, including department and project status, progress, time allocations, expenses, completed works and key performance indicators
- Develop working relationships and promote business development
- Oversee project management department including technical oversight, resource planning, timelines, performance management and workloads
- Identify opportunities and provide recommendations on relevant tools and technologies for the Project Management department; support with implementations and change management
- Ensure company and client safety and QA/QC standards and processes are met by all teams
- Provide technical and strategic training and mentorship to Yucwmenlúcwu professional staff and Project support staff as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or Red Seal certification in related trade
- PMP Certification is considered an asset
- Minimum of 5 years of construction experience, specifically with highway and forestry road construction
- Minimum of 2 years managing and implementing projects, including management of project budgets
- Minimum of 2 years of direct supervisory experience
- Solid understanding and experience with forestry, forestry road building, civil work/construction and residential and commercial general construction
- Knowledge and experience working with a First Nations organization is an asset
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in federal and provincial contracts
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships
- Advanced ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task, and manage time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with minimal supervision
- Strong desire to advance one’s career and skill set
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid team player and interpersonal skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Discretion and respect for confidentiality
- Positive, diplomatic, and understanding personality
- Proficient computer skills and experience with MS office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
Our “Must Haves” that make you great
- You live the brand and corporate values.
- You have a strong connection with people and are able to build strong relationships
- Must possess a high level of integrity and personal accountability.
- You are flexible and succeed in an ever-changing reality.
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-development.
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Go getter with the drive and willingness to grow.
What we have to offer
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability.
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience.
Pursuant to section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act preference may be given to applicants of aboriginal ancestry.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to careers@HBCcanada.com