09 Mar Project Logistics Coordinator
Website Splatsin Development Corporation
Project Logistics Coordinator
Established in 2007, Splatsin Development Corporation manages the economic interests of the Splatsin First Nations throughout the Secwepemcúl̓ecw (Shuswap). Profits generated through natural resource construction, forestry, environmental, archaeological, culture and heritage and consumer services are invested into the Splatsin Community for the collective benefit of all members. The result is fiscally and environmentally responsible managed land, resources, and culture for the benefit of everyone.
Yucwmenlúcwu (Caretakers of the Land) LLP is a full-service Heritage, Environmental, and Forestry resource management company based in Enderby, BC. We are a subsidiary of the Splatsin Development Corporation, an economic development corporation wholly owned by Splatsin. Our foundation of approach is “Caretakers of the Land.”
At Yucwmenlúcwu, we believe in work-life balance, growing rewarding careers, and the highest standards of practice. We take pride in what we do, and we are looking for passionate, progressive team players to join our dynamic and growing team.
Our Construction Services department is seeking a Project Logistics Coordinator for a 3-month contract position in Enderby, BC.
Reporting to and working alongside the Project Manager, the Project Logistics Coordinator will provide support to Yucwmenlúcwu’s project management team and any projects relating to Splatsin Construction Services or Yucwmenlúcwu. The successful candidate will provide technical support, assist with client communication and the logistics and coordination of resources for the Project Management department. They will be primarily office based, with some field-based activities as required.
- Coordinate and manage small contracts, including but not limited to, BC Hydro, Fortis, and forestry fireguard projects
- Assist Project Manager with project work plans, proposals, guidance documents and budgets for assigned work
- Prepare and maintain a variety of materials such as records, technical and status reports, correspondence, and project specifications
- Coordinate sub-contractors and work with Supply Chain department to assist with the preparation of purchase orders and scheduling and tracking material deliveries to job sites
- Work alongside Human Resources to ensure appropriate staffing is in place for assigned projects; support with training as needed
- Conduct field inspections; ensure that all work is performed in accordance with contractual terms and established regulations; assist with minor disputes regarding contract interpretations, construction practices, standards, and methods; monitors and assesses construction progress
- Develop positive working relationships and promote business development
- Work with Safety Coordinator to ensure company and client safety and QA/QC standards and processes are met by all teams
- Other required duties, as assigned by the Project Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or Red Seal certification in related trade preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of construction experience, specifically with highway and forestry road construction preferred
- PMP Certification is considered an asset
- Solid understanding and experience with forestry, forestry road building, civil work/construction and residential and commercial general construction
- Strong knowledge of construction specifications, methods and procedures
- Knowledge and experience working with a First Nations organization is an asset
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in federal and provincial contracts
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships
- Advanced ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task, and manage time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid team player and interpersonal skills
- Discretion and respect for confidentiality
- Positive, diplomatic, and understanding personality
- Proficient computer skills and experience with MS office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract
Our “Must Haves” that make you great
- You live the brand and corporate values.
- You have a strong connection with people and are able to build strong relationships
- Must possess a high level of integrity and personal accountability.
- You are flexible and succeed in an ever-changing reality.
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-development.
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Go getter with the drive and willingness to grow.
What we have to offer
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience.
Pursuant to section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act preference may be given to applicants of aboriginal ancestry.#HP