27 Dec Paint Shop Manager
Website We Are One
Founded in 2017, We Are One Composites is a locally owned and operated composite manufacturing company focused on production of the highest quality mountain bike products including carbon rims and our new full mountain bike, The Arrival. We Are One Composites is a proud Canadian manufacturer pioneering the composite manufacturing space in the mountain bike industry. We are One is growing manufacturing capability in Kamloops; elements of design, engineering, machining, prototyping, testing and manufacturing are all done in-house.
We Are One is currently looking for a Paint Shop Managerthat has high standards for quality and a focus on continuous improvement to join their team. If you have a passion for mountain bikes and want to work in a high-growth environment, we want to talk to you!
To succeed in this role, you must be highly organized and hard working. You are also comfortable identifying and executing change initiatives, maintaining and enhancing existing process, and developing people in a fast-moving environment.
A Day in the life of the Paint Shop Manager role and responsibilities:
Set high standards for work and check work quality, not accepting work that is below standard for themselves or others.
- Ensures specifications are reviewed and achieved.
- Attends management briefings.
- Proactively set realistic production targets and actively engineers effective processes and procedures to meet production targets.
- Find ways to measure and track efficiency and quality.
- Monitor the acquisition and use of materials. Maintain stock of required consumables and order when necessary/ make certain that all supplies are stocked as needed and that there are no unnecessary delays in the painting process.
Is responsible for ongoing development of workflow and finding efficiencies.
- Develop production plan/schedule to be followed by team: plan and develop work schedules, equipment usage schedules, priority of painting expenditures and procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Schedule, assign, and plan the work of paint shop personnel performing a variety of painting projects.
Manage basic maintenance and upkeep of tools and equipment.
- Oversee cleaning of tools in designated areas and ensure all scheduled maintenance is carried out on all paint equipment. Maintain an acceptable standard of cleanliness/housekeeping by conducting daily audits.
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment: attend all safety meetings, interact in meetings and contribute when necessary, offer ideas/suggestions where appropriate.
- Ensure proper disposal of waste.
Build a remarkable, world-class team.
- Is responsible for approval of team members timesheets/hours worked/approved overtime.
- Performing probationary and annual reviews of paint shop team members.
- Identifying, coach, and rectify deficiencies.
- Train new team members: identify training needs and arrange approved training as necessary.
- Hiring outstanding team members.
Requirements – what you bring to the company:
- 5+ years of direct work experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to be hands-on and proactive.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly conscientious and attentive; uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- The ability to communicate in a positive, confident, and respectful manner to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, ability to multi-task and exercise sound judgment.
Our “Must Haves” that make you great”
- You are determined to succeed and possess the drive and self-motivation to ensure you reach your goals
- You take pride in what you do and are committed to getting the job done
- You are a highly organized individual with strong planning skills
- You are friendly, open-minded, and approachable
- You live the corporate values
- You are self-aware, with a desire for constant self-development
- You are passionate, energetic, and love a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- You pride yourself on your attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- You drive to continuously innovate to achieve great results
- You communicate with honesty and kindness, and create the space for others to do the same
What we will provide
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation for our industry
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Industry discounts
- Exciting work environment in a fast-moving company
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that w equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.