07 Jun Office Manager/Executive Assistant
Highbridge Human Capital is delighted to be leading the search for an Office Manager/Executive Assistant to join a dynamic and fast-growing food and beverage company based out of Toronto, Ontario. Their mission is to be a premium food company that provides both quality of services and quality of products. They are proud to have strong long-standing relationships with customers and suppliers that allow the organization to provide excellent products at the most competitive prices.
in your role as Office Manager you will report to the Director of Quality and as an Executive Assistant you will report to the CEO and Founder. This position will maintain and manage the administrative duties in a growing office as well as provide executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. To be successful in this role, you should have strong business instincts and interpersonal skills, the ability to develop a high familiarity with the company’s operations and be able to act without guidance to ensure business needs are anticipated and met with great attention to detail.
The Office Manager/Executive Assistant must be organized and enjoy working in an environment that is results-driven and team-oriented. The ideal individual is always striving to find the most efficient way to complete tasks without sacrificing high work quality and/or results, you never leave loose ends untied. You have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
A day in the life of the Office Manager/Executive Assistant- role and responsibilities:
- Ensure efficient operation of the overall office by implementing improvements and efficiencies in office services and administrative support
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks, including, but not limited to, designing and producing documents, reports, and presentations, maintaining contact lists, and completing expense reimbursement reports
- Maintain the executive’s calendar, ensure its accuracy and that it is consistently up to date
- Compose draft email correspondence and respond to telephone calls on behalf of the executive, as required
- Act as the first point of contact for the office; answering a high volume of calls and inquiries, and determine the appropriate course of action, referral or response
- Coordinate meetings, including collection and preparation of information, scheduling, agenda preparation and taking meeting minutes
- Execute product sample shipments, track and report on them while maintaining the sample inventories
- Support the executive’s direct reports to ensure the smooth flow of information and activities
- Coordinate travel arrangements (accommodation, flights, vehicles, etc.) as requested
- Be an integral part of the culture team, helping to set welcoming, supportive and informational tones
- Assist in onboarding new in-office and remote employees
- Organize and manage internal filing system, including maintaining copies of all contractual agreements and other related business documents
- Manage and perform office responsibilities including maintaining and replenishing of office materials and assisting with visitors
- Maintain company calendar and directories
- Assist with internal and external company-wide communication efforts
- Other responsibilities and projects as needed by the executive leadership team
The Fine Print – qualifications and what you bring to the organization:
- 5+ years Office Management experience
- 5+ years experience supporting a C-Suite level executive
- Diploma or Degree in Business or Communications or an equivalent combination of education/related experience
- Proven track record in building trusted relationships internally and externally
- Strong English communication skills (verbal and written), including proofreading skills
- Expert knowledge and proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, including experience creating executive level presentations using PowerPoint, A MUST
- Strong research and analytical skills with an ability to understand and analyze a wide variety of data points
- Overall tech-savviness and the ability to learn, use, and support others with technology
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills with an ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive information and ability to show discretion
- Ability to foster a cohesive hybrid office environment that unites both in-office and remote colleagues
- Willingness to go the extra mile and provide excellent support service
- Creative problem solver with a ‘hands-on’ approach to providing solutions
Our “Must Haves” that make you great:
- You live the brand and corporate values.
- You possess a strong business acumen.
- You have proven work ethic with utmost integrity.
- You enjoy variety in your work and managing multiple priorities.
- You are confident to make decisions on your own.
- You strive for efficiency.
- You think and act like an entrepreneur.
- You are dedicated to growing the operations by building successful relationships with customers and clients.
- You have a positive attitude and you are team oriented.
- You are highly detail oriented and organized.
- You are a true collaborator with exceptional people and leadership skills.
- You are empathetic and approachable with an ability to partner with and influence management.
- You possess self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement, goal oriented.
- You are able to work well independently and to work under pressure.
What we will provide:
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- The employee is eligible for performance-based salary increases and bonuses.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.