12 Mar Inside Account Manager
Website Pro-Line Fittings
Highbridge Human Capital is delighted to be leading a search for a talented and team-oriented Inside Account Manager for our client Pro-Line Fittings. The Inside Account Manager will play a key role in maintaining and developing new relationships for the company and will use product knowledge to generate creative and unique solutions to meet client needs and achieve business goals.
Founded in 2008, Pro-Line Fittings Canada is a solutions company that specializes in the manufacturing and distribution of a variety of municipal waterworks products delivered with industry leading customer service. Pro-Line’s Team are pioneers in the PVC Pipe Fitting Industry and have deployed decades of knowledge to continuously improve and innovate our products and processes. Pro-Line’s exceptional team is constantly evolving and diversifying to meet new customer needs. Pro-Line is committed to Customer Service Excellence in everything they do.
Reporting to the VP Operations, the Inside Account Manager will be based in Barrie, Ontario and will be responsible for developing new leads, supporting existing and new clientele, understanding their needs, and ensuring a smooth sales process. You are able to build and nurture relationships, close sales, and meet established business targets.
To be successful as an Inside Account Manager you should be able to build instant rapport and achieve customer satisfaction. You are a customer service and/or sales-oriented professional who values productivity and customer engagement. You are comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
A day in the life of the Inside Account Manager – role and responsibilities:
- Maintain a solid understanding and knowledge of Pro-Line Fittings products and services.
- Communicate with customers by phone and email and support outside sales in setting up new accounts and Purchase Orders (PO’s).
- Document and track detailed sales information; create and maintain a database of current and potential customers.
- Understand customers’ needs and discuss solutions in the form of additional products/services.
- Develop and oversee customer retention campaigns.
- Quote and accurately apply price multipliers for a variety of product lines.
- Provide order acknowledgements to customers to ensure accuracy.
- Interact and work cross-functionally with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work simultaneously with multiple computer applications and databases.
- Meet the measures of success and strive for continuous improvement.
- Maintain solid customer relationships by handling questions and concerns with speed, professionalism and tenacious follow-up.
- Ad-hoc projects and assignments as directed by management.
Requirements – what you bring to the company:
- Degree or Diploma in relevant area of study.
- Prior Inside Sales experience; experience in the waterworks industry an asset.
- Deep knowledge of the sales cycle and sales planning.
- Proven experience working with Salesforce or other CRM’s.
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to anticipate the needs of clients.
- The ability to prioritize work based on the needs of the business.
- Strong time management and communication skills.
- Must have working knowledge and ability to effectively use Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong organization, interpersonal and follow-up skills.
- Competitive base salary & benefits package
- A fun and motivating work environment with passionate employees
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that w equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.