28 Oct HR Generalist
Website Highbridge Human Capital
About Highbridge Human Capital
We are a boutique human resources consulting group that specializes in people potential. We offer our client’s people solutions and administrative services across North America and globally. By linking people solutions to an integrated business strategy, we help organizations gain a competitive people advantage.
The Highbridge Human Capital talent team connects people & professionals with companies seeking talent on a full-time or interim/fractional basis. We represent some of the most talented individuals, and our company is growing along with our reputation.
The Opportunity: A Day in the life of the Human Resource Generalist
DUTIES & POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support clients with any employee relations matters and provide full scope HR services as needed including:
- Recruitment support such as working with Managers/Clients to create job posting, post job internally and on applicable external sites, proactively source candidates, review all resumes, summarize top candidates for Managers/Clients to review, complete phone interview, coordinate in person interview with the Managers/Clients, complete reference checks, prepare offer letter, etc.
- Facilitate onboarding process (e.g., schedule onboarding, prepare materials for Managers/Clients, prepare for first day of Onboarding with clients).
- Ensure the clients Employee Handbook is current and policies are communicated to their employees.
- Work with clients to develop and maintain training programs (e.g. Health and Safety) for their teams and tracks training that employees have received.
- Manage and maintain administrative aspect of any WCB claims as needed.
- Manage the annual performance review and merit review processes for clients (e.g., create process and timelines, update documentation, coach managers, summarize results).
- Create/update internal client base pay ranges based on analysis of external market data and propose recommendations for increases.
- Manage the client’s benefits programs (e.g., enroll new employees into benefits programs and terminate exiting employees, answer questions for employees, manage the benefits renewal process).
- Facilitate the resignation/termination process for clients (e.g., draft letters, provide recommendations on terminations payments when necessary, complete exit interviews).
- Work with the client to determine appropriate organization design for growing business.
- Post secondary education, preferably in Human Resources.
- Minimum of three (3) years related work experience in Human Resources or related field.
- Experience building partnerships and working with Indigenous businesses, governments, organizations and Peoples.
- Direct experience with Indigenous Peoples and/or projects creating positive results for the community and the business.
- Awareness of Indigenous Peoples customs and cultures, with specific knowledge regarding BC First Nations.
- Ability to provide guidance and support on cultural issues or trends.
- Great communicator (written and verbal) with the ability to coach others at all levels of the company.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to remain objective and exercise good judgment, diplomacy, and decision making.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing needs of the business.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills.
- Detail-oriented and committed to a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to effectively balance autonomy and collaboration.
- High energy and genuine enthusiasm.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal appropriately with sensitive issues.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective