30 Mar HR Generalist
Website We Are One Composites
At We Are One Composites, they take great pride in the craftsmanship that goes into all of their products. Their mission is to connect their customers to where their products come from and how they are made. All of the laminate staff put their names on each product to show that they are pouring their passion into the product the client receives. It is a sign of pride that We Are One demands quality before quantity.
The name We Are One is heavy on the “We” aspect, and their team is the lifeblood of the organization.
Highbridge Human Capital is excited help our client, We Are One Composites find a dynamic, organized self-starter to join their Human Resources department as an Human Resources Generalist in Kamloops, BC.
The Human Resources Generalist is hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support to the We Are One Composites people initiatives. The role is critical in executing their people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. This person will play a vital role in the development and implementation of HR programs, processes and policies. They will manage day-to-day HR activities by supporting employee relations, leading recruitment initiatives, managing and maintaining employee data, supporting the administration of payroll and compensation, creating HR communications, and acting as a support and advisor to management.
This exciting role will require you to be a natural problem solver – taking on new tasks and learning new technology quickly while developing options, leveraging resources and driving outcomes. The ideal candidate will be adept at, and energized by, working in a dynamic, high growth, entrepreneurial organization. You possess excellent attention to detail and accuracy, but don’t sweat the small stuff. The Human Resources Generalist will have the ability to manage time, work independently, take initiative and champion projects through to completion, as well as, have an exceptional ability to build trusted relationships with leadership and employees.
You will demonstrate:
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
- Experience with dynamic and complex changing work environment
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Success in driving effective employee relations, retention and reward programs
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
- A strong solution focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously – orientated on results
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
A day in the life of the Human Resources Manager
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support managers in managing employee relations issues (performance, attendance, harassment, etc.) and conduct investigations as necessary.
- Lead the recruitment process (e.g., work with Manager to create job posting, post job internally and on applicable external sites, proactively source candidates, review all resumes, summarize top candidates for Manager to review, complete phone interview, coordinate in person interview with the Manager, complete reference checks, prepare offer letter, etc.)
- Facilitate onboarding process (e.g., schedule onboarding, print materials for Managers, participate in first day of Onboarding with Manager).
- Ensure the Employee Handbook is current and policies are communicated to employees.
- Work with Managers to develop and maintain training programs (e.g. Health and Safety) for their teams and tracks training that employees have received.
- Manage and maintain administrative aspect of any Workers’ Compensation claims.
- Manage the annual performance review and merit review processes (e.g., create process and timelines, update documentation, coach managers, summarize results).
- Track base pay changes and employee absences and send to Payroll.
- Create/update internal base pay ranges based on analysis of external market data and propose recommendations for increases.
- Administer bonus program for Managers (e.g., create process and timelines, update documentation, coach managers, calculate bonus amount based on performance review form, summarize results).
- Manage the benefits programs (e.g., enroll new employees into benefits programs and terminate exiting employees, answer questions for employees, manage the benefits renewal process).
- Facilitate the resignation/termination process (e.g., draft letters, provide recommendations on terminations payments when necessary, complete exit interviews).
- Work with the CEO to determine appropriate organization design for growing business.
What you bring to the organization/Requirements:
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Human Resources.
- Minimum of three (3) years related work experience in Human Resources or related field; experience with Workers’ Compensation claims is an asset.
- Great communicator (written and verbal) with the ability to coach others at all levels of the company.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to remain objective and exercise good judgment, diplomacy, and decision making.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing needs of the business.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills.
- Detail-oriented and committed to a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to effectively balance autonomy and collaboration.
- High energy and genuine enthusiasm.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal appropriately with sensitive issues.
Our “must haves” that make you great:
- You live the brand and corporate values.
- You have a strong connection with People and are a talent champion.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and personal accountability.
- You are flexible and succeed in an ever-changing reality.
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-development.
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Go getter with the drive and willingness to grow.
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability.
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience.
- The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.