12 Sep HR Coordinator
Website Simpcw Resources Group
WHO ARE WE:
Located in the beautiful North Thompson valley, at Simpcw Resources Group we provide environmental, management, and operational services while preserving Simpcw culture and heritage with respect towards the environment. Our goals include creating economic growth from the commercial development of natural resources within the Simpcw’ulécw (Simpcw Territory) by being the major contractor and competing for work in both the public and private sectors.
WHAT’S THE JOB?
SRLLP is looking for a highly motivated Human Resources Coordinator to join the company. This position is a 1-year fixed term position. The HR Coordinator is hands-on role that provides full cycle Human Resources support. The role is critical in strategizing, building and executing their people initiatives, providing great internal support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement. This person will act as a trusted advisor to the executive team and play a vital role in the development and implementation of HR programs, processes and policies. They will manage day-to-day HR activities by supporting employee relations, leading recruitment initiatives, managing and maintaining employee data, supporting the administration of payroll and compensation, creating HR communications, and acting as a support and advisor to management. The position is situated in both the Kamloops and Barriere, BC, offices.
WHAT YOU DO?
- Lead the recruitment and interviewing process. Administers a full cycle recruitment process including sourcing, screening, interviewing, preparing offer letters and conducting onboarding and off-boarding.
- Provide guidance and advice to management and employees on human resources related matters in accordance with applicable legislations as well as internal policies, processes and procedures.
- Administer and coordinate with payroll any leave of absence requests
- Maintain human resource information system records and assist with implementation/maintenance of human resource information system.
- Write, revise, edit and proofread policies and procedures and related documents as needed.
- Use sound judgment in consideration of financial resources.
- Stay abreast of policies and laws impacting human resources.
- Work with management to prepare job descriptions
- Maintain confidentiality regarding HR and financial transactions
- Assist team members and perform other duties as needed
- Report to the Chief Executive Officer overall but consult with the Managers
- Work and builds relationships with all staff
- Communicates regularly with CEO, management, employees, and various stakeholders.
- Work with and aligns with governing leadership.
- Develop, maintain and deploy strong company HR policies, processes and employee tools aligned to our culture and in compliance with all regulations (e.g., employee handbooks, HR process manuals and guides)
- Ensure a safe workplace with health and safety standards, processes and compliance
- Lead all aspects of recruitment, offer preparation and negotiation, reference and ROE validation, and onboarding (including office logistics) of talent to support our growth
- Lead effective offboarding as required (terminations, exit interviews, ROE preparation)
- Manage and maintain all employee data and records: employment contracts, records of employment, vacation, PTO and leave tracking
- Develop and maintain job profiles and descriptions and organization charts
- Lead employee communications related to all HR policies and activities
- Recognize and celebrate employee successes.
- Facilitate communication within all areas of the company.
- Guide / conduct workplace investigations and writing reports.
- Work with existing HR members on a variety of projects, big and small.
- Participate in or lead special projects and task groups.
- Supervise maintenance of personnel systems including employee database, employee files,
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources
- At least 2-3 years of previous HR related experience
- Knowledge of Federal, Provincial, and Local laws and regulations
- Sound administrative skills
- Fast perception and ability to implement requests at short notice
- Ability to manage data and files efficiently and effectively
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, multitask and manage time
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage stress/pressure
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proficient user of computer software
- Knowledge of MS Office is required including excellent knowledge of Excel
- Excellent teamwork
- Discretion & respect for confidentiality
- Experience working with First Nations people is valued
- Knowledge of the Simpcw First Nations community is valued
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
- A rewarding opportunity to work for an Indigenous owned company
- Competitive wage
- Health Benefits and Pension Plan (Permanent Fulltime Positions Only)
- Safe work environment
- On-the-job training and learning opportunities
- Flexible work/life balance
- Opportunities for career growth
Note: Pre-Employment Drug and Alcohol Testing may be required
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.