07 Feb Forestry Technician
Website KDL RM
Highbridge Human Capital is delighted to be working with our client KDL Resource Management in a search for a Forestry Technician in Northern BC.
Today, KDL Resource Management (KDLRM) provides comprehensive, professional, and environmentally sustainable resource management services. KDLRM currently operates three professional forestry divisions in Prince George, Fort St. James, and Mackenzie, and offers project management throughout the province. They specialize in comprehensive tenure and forest management, working with their partners to develop opportunities, manage tenures, and market forest products. KDLRM looks forward to continuing to expand its presence and offerings across BC, positioning itself as a leader in professional resource services.
KDLRM is a part of Meraki Resources, a BC-based, diversified group of companies that offers fully comprehensive, community-oriented resource management and development solutions. Their key business areas are woodlands management, professional forestry, harvesting, forestry road construction, log hauling, log sales, civil construction and heavy-duty equipment and truck service and parts. While the companies are run autonomously, they are united by their commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
Today the Meraki Family continues to grow and expand, offering its customers access to a greater number of services with the same great care. Meraki is still family oriented, and employee focused, and they’re proud of their 40 year success story that combines resource development and forest management.
KDL Resource Management is currently seeking an experienced Forestry Field Technician to join their team. The successful candidate will assist our current team within the Timber development and Silviculture departments. This is a primarily field-based position, with limited office work. Camp stay, travel and overtime hours may be required.
A day in the life of the Forestry Technician
- Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- GPS traverse and road surveys.
- Timber reconnaissance and cruising.
- Road and cutblock development.
- Riparian Assessment.
- Site Plan data collection.
- Silviculture surveys.
What you bring to the Company:
- Post-secondary education in Forestry or natural sciences preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Forestry work or related field preferred.
- Active member or eligible for enrollment as a member of the ABCFP preferred.
- Physically fit to endure the rigors of full-time field work in all conditions.
- Ready to travel and work in an outdoor environment in remote locations.
- Able to work cooperatively in a team, but also independently as necessary.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license and experience driving in offroad conditions an asset.
Our “must haves” that make you great:
- Possess a good understanding of the Forestry business.
- Possess a good understanding of logging.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills – dealing with peers, building relationships with government workers, dealing with clients and contractors.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, and attention to detail.
- Ability to focus, plan and meet deadlines while managing multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Ability to deliver results.
- Full time work in a safe work environment.
- Competitive total compensation package.
- On-going professional mentoring and training.
- Diverse range of industrial, Indigenous clients, governments, and bio-energy sector clients.
- Progressive and innovative company.
For those who love to live and play where they work –The Fort St. James region offers a bounty of recreational activities including- fishing, hunting, hiking, biking, running, skating, snowshoeing, cross-county skiing, downhill skiing, curling, ATV, snowmobile, horseback riding, boating, camping, music/art festivals and more!
KDL Resource Management is a team of passionate and dedicated forestry professionals. We believe that the future of forestry needs ethical, sustainable, and modern solutions. It also needs talented individuals like yourself. We treat you like family, and in our industry, there’s an endless stream of opportunities waiting for you.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective. #HP