27 Dec Financial Analyst
Website Terra Contracting
Highbridge Human Capital is pleased to be leading a search for a driven and talented Financial Analyst for our client Terra Contracting.
Established in 2012, RTR Terra Contracting Ltd. is a full-service excavation contractor in Vancouver that provides a full package of services to various types and sizes of developments. Terra Contracting was formed by a group of construction and operation managers who have more than 25 years of construction experience and have provided exceptional construction services professionally to the development market in the lower mainland over the past decades.
Terra’s affiliation with a large local trucking outfit as well as disposal sites across the lower mainland ensures the most competitive and reliable estimates for all types of civil construction projects. With a wealth of knowledge and resources throughout the construction industry, Terra Contracting provides professional, economical, and rewarding service.
Reporting to the Vice President, the Financial Analyst is responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring financial strategies, policies, procedures and systems to support Terra’s continued sustainable growth plan. The Financial Analyst works closely with senior leadership and management teams to create reports and provide analysis of data that is meaningful, timely and clearly presented to support the work of internal teams. The Financial Analyst ensures that proper financial controls are in place to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of company-related financial results, provide company and financial planning, and other accounting practices.
A day in the life of the Financial Analyst – role and responsibilities:
- Lead monthly reporting, forecasting and budgeting processes
- Prepare financial performance materials and presentations with emphasis on providing insight into root cause and future expectations, risks and opportunities
- Analyze current and past financial data and performance reports to support senior management decision making
- Drive complex financial modeling development, enhancement, and maintenance
- Ensure financial reporting for all departments and divisions is timely, accurate, and consistent with their need to manage and control costs
- Report on key performance indicators, and recommend or implement the appropriate corrective action to ensure continuous improvement, quality standard adherence and effective and efficient administration
- Identify trends and variances in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement
- Review PO requests against the approved budget and track purchase and headcount requests
- Lead projects to standardize, automate and streamline financial forecasting and business performance reporting processes across the organization
- Respond to special requests for financial data and analysis, and requests for information on proposed and current projects and programs
- Maintain working knowledge of industry best practices and changes in analytics platform performance
Qualifications: What you bring to the organization:
- 5+ years of relevant and progressive work experience in Finance, with a focus on forecasting and budgeting
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent (MBA or MSc in Finance, Economics or in a similar technical field is preferred)
- Successful completion of, or working towards completing CFA or CPA designation an asset
- Experience in optimizing and leveraging financial planning systems and tools
- Superior knowledge of Excel and data modelling
- Power BI, SQL, and/or Tableau work experience is an asset
- Expert level experience with Sage 50
- Proven ability to interpret and synthesize data into intelligent business decisions
- Strong communication skills with ability to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work well with competing deadlines for complex projects while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills and the determination to see projects through to the end. Able to deliver near-term wins while building towards a larger strategic vision
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal
Our “Must Haves” that make you great”
- Relationship Builder: Develops strong, cooperative relationships with the Terra Contracting team and external stakeholders.
- Problem Solver: Locates the source of problems and either eliminates them or takes the appropriate steps to prevent them from occurring.
- Strategic Thinker: Visualizes future needs and develops strategies to get there.
- Planner and Organizer: Plans and organizes time and tasks effectively to meet goals and timetables. Focuses on the highest priorities.
- Innovative: Proactively identifies process improvements and takes the appropriate steps to implement them.
- Clear Communicator: Discusses and documents critical information, including rationale behind decisions, with leadership team, management team, and clients.
- Strong Mentor: Coaches leadership and management teams for employee development and provides feedback for improved performance.
- Commitment to Quality: Ensures the leadership and management teams attain quality standards that meet or exceed Terra’s and Terra’s clients’ requirements.
- Understand Financial Impact: Manages company resources against plans and budget.
- Possess a growth mindset looking to continuously improve both personally and organizationally to achieve great results
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- A competitive salary based on experience and an RRSP matching program
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that w equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.