14 Mar Executive Assistant
Established in 2007, Splatsin Development Corporation manages the economic interests of the Splatsinac (Splatsin People) throughout the Secwepemcúl̓ecw (Shuswap). Profits generated through natural resource construction, forestry, environmental, archaeological, culture and heritage and consumer services are invested into the Splatsin Community for the collective benefit of all members. The result is fiscally and environmentally responsible managed land, resources, and culture for the benefit of everyone.
If you would like to be part of a corporation on the mission to generate and manage wealth through active participation in the economy while protecting and preserving the environment for future generations, we want to hear from you.
Splatsin Development Corporation is looking for an energetic professional who likes wearing multiple hats and is able to help the business run like a well-oiled machine. As the ideal candidate you are experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks and are able to work independently with little or no supervision. This exciting role will require you to be a natural problem solver – taking on new tasks and learning new technology quickly while developing options, leveraging resources and driving outcomes. The ideal candidate will be adept at, and energized by, working in a dynamic, high growth organization. You possess excellent attention to detail and accuracy, but you are flexible and don’t sweat the small stuff. As the Executive Assistant, you will have the ability to manage time, work independently and take initiative, as well as, have an exceptional ability to build trusted relationships with clients, leadership and employees.
A Day in the Life of the Executive Assistant:
In this important role as the Executive Assistant, you will be providing executive administrative support to our CEO and at times other key leadership, anticipating and ensuring their needs are met. With the guidance of the CEO and executive team, you will support this rapidly growing organization through the development and administration of office policies and processes, taking ownership of the space and creating a relaxed yet professional vibe.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support CEO with general admin tasks
- The Executive Assistant supports the Management Team in establishing and coordinating administrative policies and procedures for all Departments.
- Organize meetings with staff and Management Team; prepare agendas, minutes, and distribute to all stakeholders; arrange meetings and appointments.
- As requested by Management Team, liaise with departmental and corporate staff and with other organizations and associations.
- Liaison with and represent SDC to clients, suppliers, community partners, and Aboriginal communities to further the goals of the organization
- Schedule and coordinate the Splatsin Development Corporation Executive meetings
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, and errands
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Organize office operations
- Order and manage all office equipment and furniture as needed
- Work closely with the CEO on all initiatives and plans.
- Prepare agendas for meetings, internal and external.
- Attend Departmental and other meetings as requested to record and prepare notes for record-keeping.
- Prepare and/or edit documents, reports, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Maintain the condition of SDC’s office’s and Boardroom
- Procurement of office supplies and equipment.
- Monitor incoming emails, calls, couriers, etc.
- Arrange travel for CEO.
- Promote accountability and responsibility at appropriate levels of the organization, championing the adoption of processes, systems and controls that lead to efficiencies and increased productivity.
- Order and arrange meals as needed
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Greet and provide general support to visitors
- Manage CEO’s schedules, calendars and appointments
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current
- Update and maintain social media if needed
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
- Coordinate schedules, appointments and bookings; make travel arrangements
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
What you bring to the Organization/Requirements
- Office Administration Diploma or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience working in office management or executive assistant roles
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Prompt with excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Previous experience working with a First Nation Organization.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; the ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with a diverse team.
- Discretion and respect for confidentiality.
- Positive, diplomatic, and understanding personality.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Social Media savvy
- Time integrity
- A high degree of competency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Comfortable with video conferencing with Zoom, MS Teams and GOTO meeting
Our “must haves” that make you great
- You live the brand and corporate values.
- You have a strong connection with People and are able to build strong relationships
- Must possess a high level of integrity and personal accountability.
- You are flexible and succeed in an ever-changing reality.
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-development.
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Go getter with the drive and willingness to grow.
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability.
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that w equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.