01 Aug Director of Finance remote – travel to Princeton, BC bi-weekly
BC Green (Castle Rock Farms)
Family founded in 2016, Castle Rock Farms Inc. operates a state-of-the-art, purpose built 86,000 square foot cannabis cultivation facility in Princeton, BC and has positioned itself as a quality and efficiency leader in the cultivation and manufacturing of premium cannabis products for domestic sale and export to international medical markets.
Castle Rock Farms Board and operations leadership are proven executives, bringing a wealth of expertise in Corporate Finance, Branding and Operations to this newly established business and industry. The founders and dedicated cultivation leadership, represent a team of sophisticated cannabis enthusiasts, deeply committed to unravelling the magic and untapped potential that this plant has to transform society.
Castle Rock Farms is currently seeking a focused and driven business professional with a passion for continuous improvement to be their Director of Finance. The Director of Finance will join the finance team. The role of the Director of Finance will be to maintain and enhance the financial function within the company by establishing more robust financial reporting systems to support the company’s soon to be commissioned expansion, managing inventory costing, managing budgets, overseeing accounting functions, conducting forecast analysis, supporting month end close processes, and providing sound analytical advice and guidance to the Corporate Controller and CFO.
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Finance is a valued member of the leadership team and is responsible for reporting and analytics on business operations to guide strategic decision making to drive strong financial performance. The ideal candidate has an appetite for growth and aspires to work in the fast-paced and growing cannabis industry. The successful candidate will initially be responsible for supporting month-end close processes, preparation, and review of schedules and reconciliations (with a specific emphasis on Raw Materials, WIP and Finish Goods inventory), ERP system implementation and implementation and monitoring of key controls, preparing and developing financial reports and assisting with budgeting and forecasting initiatives.
A Day in the Life of the Director of Finance:
- Monthly preparation of inventory costing and facility performance measurement reports including comprehensive reporting of raw materials, WIP and finished goods inventory
- Investigate significant trends/variances for cost reduction regarding material, labor, overhead, and other types of costs related to manufacturing products
- Oversee the implementation of enhanced inventory costing and reporting processes in collaboration with Corporate Controller and production team
- Preparation of monthly inventory reports to Health Canada (CTLS) and CRA’s excise department (B300 filing)
- Collaborate with functional leaders to aid in financial modeling, analysis and development of budgets including operational expenses, OH spend, KPI’s, product costing, cost savings, special projects, and capital planning
- Collaborate with Controller, CFO and COO to gather key data and compile rolling budgets and managerial reports for senior management
- Analyze the company’s financial results to ensure sustainable profitability, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management in collaboration with Corporate Controller
- Identifying opportunities across the organization to increase profitability
- Analyzing the organization’s ERP implementation process and providing valuable recommendations
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Technology, Operations, and Commercial departments on design and testing of new ERP modules
- In collaboration with CFO and Corporate Controller, manage financing strategies, analysis, forecasting and budget management
- Preparation of monthly journal entries and reconciliations
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities within the department and across the company, making recommendations and implementing process changes
- Assist Controller with quarterly and annual financial statement preparation and audit
- Participate in other monthly reporting and ad-hoc projects
Qualifications – What you bring to the Company:
- 5 years of relevant industry experience in a managerial capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree with a CPA, or equivalent, accounting designation
- Strong preference for CPG manufacturing and/or agriculture experience in a high-growth environment
- ERP system experience, expert proficiency in Excel modelling and expert-level analytical skills
- Experience with ERP system implementations and internal change management process strongly preferred
- Experience with variance analysis
- You anticipate and plan for changes to current organizational policies, practices, systems, etc. needed to move in new strategic directions and to ensure long-term success
- Motivated to develop process enhancements in the accounting and finance department
- Excellent organization skills and time management capabilities. You have a strong ability to multitask, rather than being a pure analyst
- You demonstrate a high level of integrity, strong interpersonal skills, the ability to build consensus, and put a strong emphasis on responsibility and accountability
- You have strong decision-making skills and the determination to see projects through to the end. Able to deliver near-term wins while building towards a larger strategic vision
- Strong communication skills with ability to collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders
“MUST HAVES” That Make You Great:
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results
- You are self motivated and ambitious
- You are an exceptional team leader
- Must possess a high level of integrity and personal accountability
- You live the brand and corporate values
- You are a collaborator and can build strong professional relationships
- You are flexible and can manage quick changes in a fast-paced and high growth environment
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-development
- Go getter with the drive and willingness to grow
- Ability and willingness to travel and work at our cultivation facility in Princeton BC as required.
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience and an RRSP matching program.
- The employee is eligible for performance-based salary increases & bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial, and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.