07 Feb Designer and Dealer Support
Website Norelco Cabinets
Highbridge Human Capital is delighted to be leading a search for an exceptionally talented and experienced Designer and Dealer Support agent for our client Norelco Cabinets Ltd. The role of Designer and Dealer Support plays a key role in Norelco Cabinets’ journey to be the sought-after cabinetry brand in each market they serve. Located in the beautiful Okanagan Valley, Norelco has created an unwavering people first culture that empowers employees and values strong relationships and consistent service. If you have a passion for a high growth environment, creating impact, and want to be a part of an incredible team, we want to talk to you.
A Day in the life of the Designer and Dealer Support: role and responsibilities:
As a member of the Design Team, you will play a key role in delivering innovative solutions, service and support to Norelco’s designers and clients. The responsibilities of a Designer and Dealer Support employee include but are not limited to the following:
- Working with Designers/Dealers throughout the drafting and ordering process
- Enhancing relationships between Designers/Dealers and Norelco
- 20/20 Support – cabinet design and estimating with our in-house 20/20 catalogue
- Assist with custom drawings using AutoCAD and/or SketchUp
- Order entry, service, and work order support
- Troubleshooting and product knowledge with Designers/Dealers
- Organizing shipping and LTL freight rates
- You will carry out various other duties as required
- Minimum 2 years in Design experience in industry
- AutoCAD or similar experience required.
- Ability to read and understand design documents and blueprints.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Understanding of the basic kitchen design fundamentals.
- Experience with estimating of projects.
- Highly detailed and organized.
- Enjoy working with a team and maintain good relationships with coworkers.
- Time management skills and self-motivation.
- Committed to continual learning on products, procedures and more.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Our “must haves” that make you great:
- You live the brand and corporate values.
- You are a true collaborator – have a positive attitude and are team oriented.
- You communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- You are highly detail oriented and organized.
- You have a proven work ethic with utmost integrity.
- You are empathetic and approachable.
- You possess self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-improvement and are goal oriented.
- You are able to work well independently and to work under pressure.
- Great culture, high growth, collaborative environment.
- Compensation for this role includes competitive base salary based on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, etc.