14 Feb COO
Our Client is currently seeking an exceptionally talented business leader with entrepreneurial spirit to be their Chief Operating Officer (COO) and translate business strategy into workable reality. This exciting opportunity will require the COO to be an executor, enabler, and a developer. The right person will act as a transformer, strategist and mentor and will bring deep experience in designing and implementing an organizational operational model while continually identifying and extracting efficiencies.
Core Responsibilities: A day in the life of our COO
- Direct the operations of the corporation in order to deliver its strategic goals
- Be the line manager for the heads of the company’s divisions
- Lead, develop and coach the heads of each of the division, supporting them to deliver against their goals and targets, in line with corporate direction.
- Work as part of the team with the CEO other members of the executive team to develop the corporation’s strategy and goals
- Orchestrate collaboration and knowledge sharing amongst Management, where that can create synergies and open up new opportunities
- Work with the Executives and Divisional Leads to ensure that appropriate KPIs are set for each company and that timely information is available to enable those KPIs to be tracked and acted on.
- Promote a safety conscious approach across all of the divisions and ensure appropriate safety standards are set and adhered to.
- Support Managers in tackling new opportunities, including introducing new services or targeting new customer segments.
- Play a key role in assessing operational value and fit of potential acquisition targets, along with CFO and other executive colleagues.
- Play key role in integrating newly acquired companies.
- Take part in and, at times, lead corporate development projects, for example piloting and setting up new lines of business.
- Ensure that the operational structure is straightforward, with minimal layers and clearly defined responsibilities, so that those on the front line delivering service to customers are well supported and helped to be successful.
- Report to the executive team on a regular basis on the operational performance of the corporation.
- Take the lead in ensuring active succession planning and effective recruitment for operations.
- You possess a BS/MA in Business or related field.
- You are a seasoned professional with a minimum of ten+ years in a Senior Operations Leadership role (VP or COO) who has previously held positions in fast paced and complex environments.
- You bring an advanced analytical mindset coupled with demonstrated operational skills.
- You have extensive understanding and high level of financial acumen.
- You lead through building trust and inspiring people to be bold.
- You are an experienced executive who has worn multiple hats and can both analyze and act with equal ease. You have a strong ability to multitask, rather than being a pure analyst or thinker.
- You have strong decision-making skills and the determination to see projects through to the end. Able to deliver near-term wins while building towards a larger strategic vision.
- You demonstrate a high level of integrity, strong interpersonal skills, the ability to build consensus, and put a strong emphasis on responsibility and accountability.
- You anticipate and plan for changes to current organizational policies, practices, systems, etc. needed to move in new strategic directions and to ensure long-term success.
- You are an expert at engaging with people and building alliances in order to get all the information and support you need to transform business practices. Throughout your career, you have demonstrated skills in leadership, management, and collaboration.
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability.
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience.
- The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, provincial, and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.#HP