21 Jul CEO
All Nations Trust Company (“ANTCO”) is currently seeking an exceptionally talented business leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to be their Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”). This exciting opportunity encompasses multiple facets of the modern CEO with the primary role of charting and leading ANTCO in the development of new products and services, deepening existing market penetration, and building ANTCO’s brand awareness in the market.
The right person for this position will be forward-looking, business-savvy, optimistic in nature, financially-literate, a great communicator, and empathetic. They will bring deep experience in strategic planning and business operations to inform decision-making and mentor others in the operating company to gain this skill.
The CEO is responsible for:
- Managing the Corporate strategy and growth of the Companies; (Strategist)
- Providing overall leadership for ANTCO and the Company’s subsidiaries; (Operator)
- Increasing the Company’s financial strength and viability while maintaining the Company’s positive image in the community and with our shareholders and corporate partners; (Steward)
The successful CEO will play four diverse and challenging roles. It is of utmost importance that the CEO be a strategist shaping overall strategy and direction, and a catalyst by instilling a strategic approach and mind set throughout the organization to help other parts of the business perform better. The CEO will also collaborate with the CFO as a steward, preserving the assets of the organization by minimizing risk and supporting the CFO’s fiduciary and compliance initiatives. The CEO will also lead as an operator ensuring that the business operations are efficient and effective and aligned with the strategic direction established by the BOD.
A Day in the Life of the Chief Financial Officer:
The primary objective of the CEO is to lead the strategy and operations of All Nations Trust Company. This role is responsible for guiding strategic decision making to drive strong performance. The CEO will develop and maintain a strong relationship with the chair and hold purposeful meetings with individual board members. The CEO will also promote connections and collaboration between the Board and management keeping the board informed about the business and engaged in supporting its priorities.
- You will reinforce and act on a corporate purpose (the “Why?”) that involves not just making money but also benefiting clients and communities. This posture, along with a granular approach to prioritizing stakeholder interactions helps you minimize the company’s exposure to customer- and stakeholder-related risks, and capitalize on new opportunities.
- You will lead the near- and long-term strategic plans and initiatives, and coach managers in the business acumen necessary to lead their lines of business.
- You invest time thinking about, articulating, and championing the purpose of ANTCO as it relates to the big-picture impact of day-to-day business practices.
- You take the lead in formulating the company’s future direction and support tactical initiatives.
- You lead and ensure implementation of all marketing plans and activities to attract clients and business opportunities, assess effectiveness of existing marketing programs, and develop and implement marketing plans to increase market penetration.
- You strive for industry leadership on defined metrics and develop and monitor department and organization KPI’s used to gauge performance in terms of objectives.
- You stay in touch with how the work really gets done in the organization by getting out of your office, boardrooms and conference centers to spend time with rank-and-file employees providing mentoring and coaching to develop staff.
- You direct the implementation of objectives and operating plans for the Companies and revise the Operating Plan accordingly on an annual basis.
- You explicitly manage and provide leadership to all aspects of organization and provide oversight of the company’s operations to oversee the execution of strategic plans and initiatives.
- In conjunction with the CFO, you analyze the operating results of the Companies and ensure that appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
- You ensure coherence across processes and coordinate and compile annual strategy with input from the management team.
- You systematically prioritize, proactively schedule, and use interactions with the companies’ important external stakeholders to motivate action.
- Working with and supporting the CFO/CCO, you ensure that an effective risk operating model, governance structure, and risk culture are in place ensuring the Companies adhere to requirements of regulatory bodies (i.e. FINTRAC and the BCFSA).
- Working in collaboration with the CFO/CCO, you will review and approve the budget for presentation to the Board.
- You design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departments goals and objectives.
- You continually look for opportunities to optimize operations and administrative functions.
- You rigorously match hire-value roles with best-fit talent, hiring and supervising training of new employees.
- The CEO will be directly responsible for the day-to-day supervision of direct reporting staff and managers.
- In conjunction with the Personnel Committee, you will develop and maintain effective Human Resource policies to support the strategic goals of the Company.
- You will perform the annual performance reviews of direct reporting staff and managers and provide disciplinary actions, appointment, employment /or termination of direct reporting staff;
- You proactively foster relationships with the board beyond the board meetings and provide support and consultative advice regarding all aspects of corporate and management functions and operations;
- You provide regular tracking and monitoring reports to the Board on Strategic Plan initiatives and related performance.
- You commit to making a positive big-picture impact and ensure ANTCO’s services are consistent with target market needs while maintaining the unique culture of the Company.
- You prioritize stakeholders and proactively shape their views.
QUALIFICATIONS: What you bring to All Nations Trust Company:
- In prior roles, you have succeeded by leveraging your BS/MA degree in Business Administration, Business Management or Finance and you bring an advanced business acumen and understanding of business strategy mixed with strong analytical and operational skills. You are a seasoned professional with a minimum of ten+ years in a Senior Executive Leadership role.
- A University degree in commerce or finance is preferred; or a diploma in business administration or financial management plus a minimum of five years’ experience in senior leadership position(s); or a suitable combination of education and proven experience manager in the field of economic development or the financial services industry.
- You are an expert at engaging with people and building alliances to get all the information and support you need to transform business practices that help the company.
- You lead through building trust and transparency throughout the company, and inspiring people to be bold.
- You have extensive knowledge, understanding and experience working with/for Indigenous organizations with mandates in business development, economic development or financial services.
- You are a seasoned negotiator.
- You have a growth-oriented mindset with proven operating results.
- You are an experienced executive who has worn multiple hats and can both analyze and act with equal ease. You have a strong ability to multitask, rather than being a pure analyst or thinker.
- You have extensive understanding of business and financial trends both within the company and general market patterns.
- You have strong decision-making skills and the determination to see projects through to the end. Able to deliver near-term wins while building towards a larger strategic vision.
- You demonstrate a high level of integrity, strong interpersonal skills, the ability to build consensus, and put a strong emphasis on responsibility and accountability.
- You anticipate and plan for changes to current organizational policies, practices, systems, etc. needed to move in new strategic directions and to ensure long-term success.
MUST HAVES THAT MAKE YOU GREAT:
- You live the brand and corporate values.
- You execute like an owner.
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-development.
- Passionate, energetic, and love a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- While you consider yourself a people leader, in previous roles, you have been known to coach and develop your peers and employees.
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty, empathy, and kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Passion for developing people and teams. Ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
- Organized and ability to work independently on assigned projects. Excellent time management skills with ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability.
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience.