27 Dec Forester
Splatsin Development Corp
Established in 2007, Splatsin Development Corporation manages the economic interests of the Splatsin First Nations throughout the Secwepemcúl̓ecw (Shuswap). Profits generated through natural resource construction, forestry, environmental, archaeological, culture and heritage and consumer services are invested into the Splatsin Community for the collective benefit of all members. The result is fiscally and environmentally responsible managed land, resources, and culture for the benefit of everyone.
Yucwmenlúcwu (Caretakers of the Land) LLP is a full-service Heritage, Environmental, and Forestry resource management company based in Enderby, BC. We are a subsidiary of the Splatsin Development Corporation, an economic development corporation wholly owned by Splatsin. Our foundation of approach is “Caretakers of the Land.”
At Yucwmenlúcwu, we believe in work-life balance, growing rewarding careers, and the highest standards of practice. We take pride in what we do, and we are looking for passionate, progressive team players to join our dynamic and growing team.
Our Forestry department is seeking a Forester for a full-time position in Enderby, BC. Reporting to the Forestry Manager at Yucwmenlúcwu, the Forester will be responsible for a safe, profitable, and environmentally sustainable approach to works within the department. This position will take the lead with junior technicians and summer student employees. The Forester will regularly communicate with the Forestry Manager to ensure that project work and priorities are being achieved.
The Forester will assist the Forestry Manager and conduct field operations that align with the day-to-day operations of Yucwmenlucwu forest licenses and projects. The Forester job is key in growing our team, and forestry related business interests in our traditional territory.
- Professional site plan preparation and sealing.
- Harvest plan preparation, timber cruising and reconnaissance, cut block and road development.
- Harvesting, road, and silviculture contract supervision.
- Timber development contract supervision.
- Appraisal data collection, reporting and submission.
- CP/RP permitting processes, including appraisal submissions.
- Planning and development of harvest volume.
- Track project time and expenses.
- Prepare technical memos, letters, and reports to convey field conditions.
- Assist with referrals review, response, and tracking.
- Active participation in the Yucwmenlúcwu safety program.
- Develop working relationships and promote business development.
- Registered Forest Technologist (RFT), or Registered Professional Forester (RPF) with the Association of BC Forestry Professionals.
- A minimum of 5 year’s experience in forestry planning and permit acquisition.
- In-depth knowledge of current BC forest legislation, regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of operational planning requirements including site plans, harvest plans, and associated reporting.
- In-depth knowledge of Forest Management techniques and logging Principles.
- Ability to actively participate in stakeholder communications.
- Able to work within a company environment that has diverse stewardship priorities.
- Ability to direct, provide training, mentoring, and oversight to field crews.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task, and manage time.
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills and experience with MS office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Valid driver’s license with a clean abstract.
Our “Must Haves” that make you great
- You live the brand and corporate values.
- You have a strong connection with people and are able to build strong relationships
- Must possess a high level of integrity and personal accountability.
- You are flexible and succeed in an ever-changing reality.
- Self-awareness, with a desire for constant self-development.
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Go getter with the drive and willingness to grow.
What we have to offer
- Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability.
- We offer a competitive salary based on experience.
Pursuant to section 16 of the Canadian Human Rights Act preference may be given to applicants of aboriginal ancestry.